The length of essays varies greatly, but 300, 500, 750, 1000 are considered standard essay length. It seems like you have to meet one of these word limits, particularly write a 1000 word essay. What is more, it seems like you have a time limit as well and need to prepare your 1000 word essay in one night.
Definitely, you have one main question right now “Is it possible to finish a 1000 word essay in one night?” The answer is “Sure it is possible”, and we will explain you how to do it.
First of all, let us answer another important question “How long is a 1000 word essay?” In other words, how many pages long your paper will be? Ideally, if you use a standard 12 pt. Times New Roman font and double spacing, your essay will be approximately 3 pages long.
Actually, it will not be the longest essay in your life. Yet, when you are short of time and want to sleep, such 1000 word essay may seem to be really long. Here are some steps you will have to take.
- Look through your teacher’s instructions. Define what particular topic you need to cover or question to answer.
- Think what you know about the topic, how much additional info you need to find, and start collecting materials.
- Then, make an outline for your 1000 word essay. Just write down what main points your paper will include.
Well, after you make a plan, you are ready to write your 1000 word essay. However, what if you still cannot meet the necessary word count? What if you cannot write a 1000 word essay (but only a 950 or 900 word essay)?
In this case, try the following:
- paraphrase some sentences, add details;
- insert parenthetical words;
- add longer quotes and your comments.
Here, you can also read about a 1500-word essay and an already written essay.